How To Connect AirPods To Oculus Quest 2? Meta Quest 2 is an advanced VR headset from Facebook that allows VR lovers to explore the metaverse with an immersive experience.
Besides, Apple Airpods have revolutionized the way people listen to music, podcasts, and more. Airpods are the best option if you want to keep your gameplay seamless and wire-free.
When you connect Airpods with Oculus Quest 2 together you will get an awesome VR experience. If you are thinking about how to Connect AirPods To Quest 2 then this VR guide will help you.
You can connect AirPods to Oculus Quest 2 via the Bluetooth pairing option from the Experimental Features in the Settings menu. Use an external Bluetooth transmitter for even better audio quality.
Though Meta doesn’t officially support pairing Bluetooth headphones with Oculus Quest 2, there are ways to do so. Let’s see step by step guide.
In this article, you will know:
- It Quest 2 Supports Airpods and other BT headphones
- How to connect AirPods to Meta Quest 2
- Advantages and disadvantages of using AirPods to quest 2
- How do you fix the latency issues?
- How to Fix the Airpods Bluetooth Pairing Issue?
- AirPods Vs. Wired Headphones – My Recommendation?
Can I Connect Airpods To Oculus Quest 2?
Yes, you can do it with some tricks. The biggest drawback of the Oculus Series is that they do not officially support Bluetooth connections, which made them incompatible with AirPods. I’m hoping they will add the features to their upcoming Meta Quest 3 headset.
What’s the Benefit of Connecting Airpods With Oculus Quest 2?
Oculus Quest 2 users prefer to connect AirPods for audio output because of some reasons. Here are a few reasons why.
- AirPods are lightweight and easy to use.
- AirPods are Portable and Wireless.
- No tangled wires
- Extended battery life.
How to Connect AirPods to Oculus Quest 2
To get good audio results from AirPods on Oculus Quest 2, some effort will be required. Our step-by-step instructions will make connecting the two a breeze.
Method #1: Connecting via Bluetooth
Quest 2 has a 3.5mm jack and USB-C headphones compatibility. The Oculus Quest 2 supports wireless earbuds, such as AirPods. Here’s how to pair them via Bluetooth.
Step #1: Setting Up Devices
- The first step is to set up both devices.
- Charge your AirPods first, but don’t remove them from the case yet.
- Next, press and hold the small circular pairing button on the back of the AirPod case until the front light flashes.
- Now, Switch on your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset and put it on.
Step #2: Connecting Quest 2 with AirPods
- Head over to the Quest 2 Settings menu to configure Bluetooth.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Click on “Experimental Features”.
- Scroll down to ‘Bluetooth Pairing’ and click on ‘Pair’.
- Wait for a few seconds and select the “Pair New Device” option from the list of devices.
- Finally, To complete pairing, choose your AirPods.
Warning: AirPods with the Quest 2 may have some drawbacks, including audio lags and frame drops on fast-paced games, etc.
Method #2: Using Bluetooth Transmitter
You can use an external Bluetooth transmitter to resolve the general Bluetooth pairing limitations between your AirPods and Oculus Quest 2. For the easiest Bluetooth setup, follow these steps:
- Plug the Bluetooth transmitter into the Oculus Quest 2.
- Active the Quest 2 and go to Settings > Experimental Features.
- Find the “Bluetooth Pairing” option.
- Select your Bluetooth transmitter to connect it with your AirPods.
The transmitter should support at least Bluetooth 4.2 and has a range of 10m in order to enjoy a truly immersive VR experience.
The Disadvantage of Using Airpods to Quest 2
In my opinion, you should not use wireless headphones or AirPods for the following reasons:
- Audio and Video Latency – Playing VR games does not always result in the audio cutting out, but you will notice some latency issues and audio cuts out occasionally.
- Low FPS and lagging – With AirPods or Bluetooth headsets, the Oculus Quest 2 cannot handle fast-paced games or games with a lot of movement simultaneously. Consequently, the game lags and crashes, making it unplayable.
However, these issues are less noticeable when you are streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime movies and TV shows.
How To Fix Oculus Quest 2 AirPods Latency Issues?
The Oculus Quest 2 AirPods can be fixed by using a Bluetooth transmitter. In general, there is at least a 40ms lag when using a Bluetooth transmitter, which is decent enough for gaming. Choose a transmitter that is Bluetooth 4.2 compatible and has a 10m range.
How to Fix the Airpods Bluetooth Pairing Issue?
Pairing AirPods with another Bluetooth device might cause some technical difficulties. If you are experiencing Bluetooth pairing issues, follow these steps.
- Restart the AirPods
- Keep the AirPods in the Charging Case for approximately 15-20 seconds and Shut it.
- Open the lid of the AirPods and hold the Setup Button for 10-15 seconds
- After the Status Light turns white, the AirPods are ready to be connected to the Oculus Quest 2.
Bluetooth Transmitter won’t completely resolve audio lag issues; it can only make audio latency bearable for users’ gaming experience. Let’s see who can help us get a better experience in the next section.
AirPods Vs. Wired Headphones – Which Is Better?
I know Airpods can minimize the hassle of too many wires with your Oculus Quest 2. However, it may not be the best alternative to wired headphones. There are no limitations to wired headsets.
When using wired headphones, stutters or lags won’t bother your gaming session. However, Bluetooth transmitters are still not able to replace wired headsets for effectiveness.
With wired headphones, you can enjoy high-quality audio and visuals while gaming. Alternatively, if you can endure a few lags and audio stutters, you can opt for AirPods.
What’s My Recommendation?
I recommend using wired VR gaming headphones for Meta Quest 2 headset if you want to get the most out of it. Meta recommends using Logitech G333 earphones. You will enjoy high-quality audio with zero latency and uncompressed.
This guide hopefully helped you and you’re no longer stuck between wires listening to your favorite music or shows. Thank you for reading!
People Also Ask
Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Oculus Quest 2?
Yes! you can. Read this guide on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Meta Quest 2?
Can Airpods Connect To Non-Apple Devices?
Yes! Even though AirPods are designed to pair with Apple devices, you can connect them to any Bluetooth-enabled device.
Why Are My Airpods Not Connecting To My Pc?
AirPods may not connect to your PC due to a temporary glitch in the Bluetooth settings. You can fix this by unpairing and repairing your AirPods. Alternatively, you can toggle Bluetooth off and on on your PC if this doesn’t work.
Does Oculus Quest 2 Have Free Games?
Yes, Oculus Quest 2 has free games.
How Long Does The Quest 2 Take To Charge?
Quest 2 takes at least 2.5 hours to charge. It should last around 2 to 3 hours once fully charged. Watching videos can take up to 3 hours, but playing games should only take 2.
Does Oculus Quest 2 Have A Surround Sound System?
Yes! Although the Oculus Quest 2 has dual speakers, they are not designed for true surround sound. A wired headphone is required to get the best surround sound experience.
Does The Quest 2 Have A Built-In Microphone?