The 7 Best VR Racing Simulator Cockpits: Sim racing has exploded in popularity in recent years because it can give the nearly real experience of racing games. As a result, a whole new audience has been introduced to virtual racing, and there are a ton more VR racing simulator cockpits you can acquire to improve your experience.
However, getting the best racing simulator wheel is a little difficult from so many options available in the market. I’ve researched for you and listed the top 7 best VR racing simulator cockpits for VR gaming. Let’s see them.
- Related: 10 Best VR Headsets Under $100, $500, And $1000
- Related: The 7 Best VR Controllers
- Related: Best VR Accessories for Oculus Quest 2, HTC, Valve Index
- Related: 9 Best 360 VR Cameras For Professional Photography
- Related: What Are the Best VR Mats for Virtual Reality Gaming?
1. Next Level Racing GTTrack Simulator Cockpit (NLR-S009)
If you want a professional-grade gaming experience from your sim racing cockpit, the Next Level Racing GTTrack Simulator will exceed your expectations.
This best racing simulator cockpit is tested by professional racers, to provide real-life racing experience as closely as possible. All of the center controls can be adjusted in height, angle, and distance.
The Next Level Racing GTTrack Cockpit includes all of the essential features for serious sim racing, including a four-point racing harness, Buttkicker gamer 2 adaptors, height-adjustable rubber cockpit feet, gear shifter, handbrake adaptor, and lockable Castor Wheel, to easily move your cockpit around and lock the wheels for serious racing.
The seat is constructed of a suede-style fabric with faux leather trim for quality and comfort. It’s comfy, long-lasting, and well-ventilated. This is also the best oculus quest 2 driving simulator.
It may be reclined, and the seat can be adjusted in angle for further comfort and authenticity. The racing cockpit weighs 106 pounds (48Kg). It also has a 330-pound maximum weight limit (150kg).
It’s built to last, with an all-steel frame and rubberized feet at the bottom that keeps it stable on both carpet and hard floors. The Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3 can be installed in less than 10 minutes for the most immersive racing experience on the GT track.
The racing cockpit is also compatible with haptic feedback devices such as the ButtKicker Gamer2, or you may upgrade to the Next Level Racing Traction Plus motion platform, which can be installed in less than 10 minutes to feel the motion of a vehicle on the racing track.
Overall, the Next Level Racing GTtrack’s base model provides a fairly accurate experience and performs admirably for the price.
Does Next Level Racing GTTrack Simulator Cockpit is foldable?
No, this is a solid one-piece setup that does not fold up until some bolts are removed. It does, however, come with casters for rolling.
Is there a chair included?
It does… the one in the photograph
Is it compatible with the Xbox One S?
It’s compatible with both PCs and consoles! Yes, indeed!
How many monitors I can fit on GTTrack Simulator?
There is no available space to mount a monitor. It’s just the cockpit. You will be required to provide a monitor stand.
- Department: Unisex-adult
- Manufacturer: Next Level Racing
- Fabric Type: PU Leather
- Material Care Instructions: Wipe to clean
- Batteries Required: No
- Dimensions: 47.24 x 21.65 x 54.33 inches
- Weight: 114 pounds
- Maximum weight capacity: 150 kg / 330 lb
- Easy to install
- Extremely immersive experience.
- Plenty of add-ons supported
- Budget-friendly racing cockpit compared to other premium options.
- Comfortable, authentic seat
- High-quality materials
- Screen mounting choices are limited.
- Not recommended for flight simulators or other non-racing simulations.
- Related: 10+ Best VR Head Straps for Oculus Quest 2
- Related: 11 Best VR Carrying Case for Oculus Quest 2 & 1
- Related: 9+ Best VR Gaming Headphones for Oculus Quest 2 and Others
- Related: 9+ Best VR Gaming Chairs Review
- Related: Top 7 Best VR Power Banks for Oculus Quest 2
2. OpenWheeler GEN3 Racing Wheel Stand Cockpit
We all like to have a big room for the best VR sim racing setup, but not everyone has a whole room to dedicate to the racing setup. So, something like The OpenWheeler GEN3 racing chair, which can be easily folded for storage, will be an excellent one for us.
Furthermore, the sim racing cockpit is versatile, comfortable, inexpensive, and easy to move around. It is now the most versatile cockpit on the market, with a full line of Flight Simulation add-ons.
The OpenWheeler GEN3 is a durable, comfortable seat that can be reconfigured into a variety of positions, ranging from a full racing cockpit to a more traditional chair or recliner.
For added strength and longevity, the frame is entirely constructed of steel. The whole cockpit weighs around 65 pounds or 30 kg. Fortunately, the back end of the frame has wheels, which will help in transportation if you don’t need to lift it directly.
Although leather is more durable, some individuals find that it becomes sticky after a long racing session or if your game room is warmer or less properly ventilated.
Almost every gaming accessory of the OpenWheeler GEN3 can now be adjusted. The seat reclines and slides forward and back, the steering wheel mount may be raised or lowered and slid forward and back, and the pedal mount can be elevated or lowered and slid forward and back.
A gear shifter mount is included and can be put on the left or right, depending on your preference. If you play flight simulators as well as racing simulators, the gearshift mount can be replaced with a joystick.
The steering wheel and pedal mounts are compatible with all major controller brands, including Logitech, Fanatec, and Thrustmaster, in terms of compatibility. The OpenWheeler GEN3 is compatible with PC, Xbox, and PlayStation thanks to the wide range of controller installs available.
Overall, the OpenWheeler GEN3 maintains a decent compromise between basic racing cockpits and more advanced premium options. If you don’t have a lot of money but yet want a high-quality, comfortable, and simple-to-assemble sim racing cockpit, the OpenWheeler GEN3 is a fantastic choice.
- Binding: Video Game
- Manufacturer: OpenWheeler
- Dimensions: 37 x 16 x 23 inches; 65 Pounds
- Weight: 65 pounds
- Maximum Weight Capacity: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Easy to assemble
- Best value for the money
- Sturdy steel body
- Comfortable, good built quality seat
- Highly compatible
- adjustable accessories
- Controllers not included
- No monitor mounts
- Related: 6 Best VR Treadmills: Omnidirectional Virtual Reality Treadmill
- Related: Best VR Treadmills Review: KAT Walk Mini vs Cyberith Virtualizer Elite 2 vs Virtuix Omni
- Related: Omni One VR Treadmill Review – Best VR Walking & Running Platform
- Related: 5 Best VR Backpack Computer, Pc, Laptops for Gaming
- Related: How to Prevent Motion Sickness in VR? – 14 Best Tips
3. Next Level Racing F-GT Simulator Cockpit
On our selection, the Next Level Racing F-GT is the most authentic option. The ability to be adjusted into both GT and Formula racing configurations, as well as its connectivity, are the main selling points for the Next Level Racing F-GT.
It works with all major manufacturers of sim wheels and controllers, including gear shifters, much like the other of the alternatives on our list. For an immersive, professional-grade experience, the wheel mount is also built to accommodate direct drive wheels.
In addition, haptic feedback devices like the ButtKicker Gamer2, VESA screen mounts, joystick controllers, keyboard, and mouse stands are all supported.
None of these accessories are included by default, so adding them will raise the price, but you’ll be able to create a truly immersive experience. This virtual reality racing simulator cockpit is made of hardened steel with a powder-coat finish for further durability.
The metal frame extends beyond the seat to provide a framework for a range of Next Level Racing accessories, which enhance the immersion of your racing games.
Wheel casters, a monitor stand, and a racing mat are among them. Because that seat is reclinable, you have a little more flexibility.
A lumbar support pad is also included in the cockpit, which will keep you comfortable throughout marathon racing sessions. Because of the dual seat configurations available, it has a weight limit of 285 pounds.
- Manufacturer: Next Level Racing
- Binding: Video Game
- Weight: 95 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 130 kg / 285 lb
- Dimensions: 67 x 24 x 49 inches
- Professional racing cockpit
- Many add-ons supported
- Authentic GT and Formula racing positions
- There are lots of changes and customizations available.
- Lumbar support
- Little tricky to assemble
- Some basic components are sold separately
- Little tricky move or store
- Related: What Is Virtual Reality History, How VR Tricks Your Brain
- Related: The Past, Present, And Future Of Virtual Reality Gaming
- Related: Top 5 Best VR Games of All Time Ever
- Related: Top 15+ Best Oculus Quest 2 Games for Family and Friends
- Related: Top 35+ Best Upcoming VR Games For Oculus Quest 2, Pc Vr, And Psvr
4. Playseat Challenge Black VR Racing Simulator
When it comes to sim racing settings, space isn’t the only factor to consider. Perhaps it’s something you truly enjoy, but you have other hobbies or duties that prevent you from spending the big bucks on a high-end racing simulator.
So, you’ll need something that’s both portable and within your entertainment budget. Now, test the Playseat challenge: a simple and foldable racing seat that works great. The seat will help you to choose whether you want to buy it or invest in something more serious.
The Playseat challenge has a padded, buckle-style seat that can only be adjusted to a limited amount. The pedal position and wheel height can both be adjusted to accommodate racers of various heights, however, the actual angle of seating can only be adjusted to a limited point.
The seat can handle a maximum weight of 270 pounds (122kg), but it is also somewhat narrow, which may be an issue for some. There is no way to mount a screen on this folding racing cockpit, so if you don’t already have one, you’ll need to buy one.
If you find it to be comfortable, it will be an excellent chair for you. The legs are especially stable thanks to rubberized “feet” that wrap around the bottom bars and reinforce the steel tubing construction. The chair can be rapidly put up and stored without removing any of your controllers.
Playseat Challenge is compatible with all platforms, as well as third-party wheels and pedal sets from Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, and MadCatz for Playstation 3, Playstation 4, XBox360, Xbox One, and PC (sold separately).
Finally, The Playseat challenge will be best suited for younger gamers. This one will be especially useful to people who share a place and potentially a gaming setup with children. It’ll also work well for people who live in apartments, especially if they share the space.
You’ll probably want to spend a little more money on your rig if you’re going to spend a lot of time racing, especially for long periods. The company also has another popular sim racing seat called Playseat Evolution White.
- Color: Black
- Form Factor: Foldable
- Material: Nylon-Mesh
- Age Range: Adult
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 122 kg / 270 lb
- Good build quality
- Folds down easily
- Compatible with all major controller brands
- Comfortable for longer racing sessions
- Seating adjustments are limited.
- Larger gamers may find it uncomfortable.
- In comparison to other solutions, it is less durable.
- Related: Top 10 Best Valve Index VR Games List To Play
- Related: Top Oculus Quest 2 Games
- Related: Top 10 Best Oculus Quest 2 VR Fitness Games
- Related: Top 7 Best VR Superhero Games
- Related: Marvel’s Iron Man VR Game Review
5. Next Level Racing Challenger Simulator Cockpit
Another wonderful budget choice for the oculus quest 2 sim racing rig is the Next Level Racing Challenger. It may appear simple at first look, but it contains all of the essential features that will make your sim racing experience more enjoyable and authentic than any traditional cockpit.
The chassis is made of a basic steel frame, however, the steering wheel is mounted on a single column up the center, unlike most alternatives. According to Next Level, this does not impede pedal access or any of your favorite driving styles, although it does break the immersion a little.
In addition, the mounts support all major controller manufacturers, including Logitech, Fanatics, and Thrustmaster. There’s also a shifter plate supplied as a bonus. The angle and distance of the solid metal breaking plate can now be adjusted.
Fortunately, the steering column’s height and angle may be adjusted a little more simply than the pedals. If you’re going for the full cockpit experience a monitor stand, a keyboard, and a mouse platform can be attached.
In terms of comfort, the seat is made of cloth and has a lot of reclining space, making it incredibly pleasant for the price and size. For increased comfort and to better match your driving style, you may also modify the position and angle.
There are a few optional add-ons for the Next Level Racing challenger. It’s an excellent fit for family entertainment rooms because of its low profile and small footprint, and the addition of caster wheels will make it easy to move in and out of position.
With a maximum supported weight of 330 pounds, this is also one of the most durable alternatives on our list (150kg). Its minimalist design also allows for one of the widest height ranges, with users ranging from 4 feet (1.2 meters) to 6 feet 9 inches (2.1 meters) standing comfortably.
This is a piece of perfect rec room furniture or a decent beginner rig because of the affordable price, small size, and wide variety of user-profiles available. It checks all the boxes and will deliver a great gaming experience at a low cost.
- Manufacturer: Next Level Racing
- Color: Black
- Recommended Uses: Gaming
- Furniture base movement: Glide
- Room Type: Game Recreation Room
- Weight: 24 kg / 52 lb
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 330 lb / 150 kg
- Dimensions: 21.26 x 33.07 x 11.02 inches
- Able to fit users of all sizes
- Small footprint and Compact
- Good support for add ons
- Good built Quality
- The wheel column isn’t as securely fastened as it should be.
- The seat isn’t as lengthy as some other options.
- Related: Best Kiwi Design Controller Grips Cover for Oculus Quest 2 Review
- Related: Best Standalone VR Headset Vive Focus 3 Review
- Related: Do You Need a Special Best Cpu for VR
- Related: How to Get the Best PC VR Gaming Setup | Oculus Quest 2 & Virtual Desktop Tips
- Related: 360º Virtual Reality vs Full Virtual Reality
6. Extreme Simracing XT PREMIUM 3.0
Next, we have an Extreme Simracing XT premium 3.0 racing simulator that is a near-perfect VR sim racing cockpit. The seat is made of suede-finish faux leather. It has a nice reclining angle and is extremely comfy.
Gamers weighing up to 300 pounds should be able to fit comfortably in it. This VR racing simulator is made of powder-coated steel, which gives it a professional look.
The mounts work with all kinds of controllers, including direct drive wheels and load cell pedals, so you can get as near to the real deal as possible.
The pedal distance can be adjusted, however, the wheel can only change angles, not height, which can make things difficult for people of different heights. There’s also plenty of room for additional gadgets.
There’s a keyboard mount, an object holder (useful for phones and remotes), extra space for a mouse in the gearshift holder, and a platform for your PC or console beneath the screen.
The fitted screen mount can hold up to a 55-inch screen, or a three-screen holder can be purchased for a complete surrounding look.
The seat folds down slightly, for convenient use. There are wheels on the front that help if you’re not using the screen mount and need to move it, but the whole device weighs almost 120 pounds (55kg).
Finally, The Extreme Simracing XT PREMIUM 3.0 is not in everyone’s budget range. However, if you’re a serious virtual reality racing simulator gamer and want to have a genuine and most expensive racing simulator, then this is the racing cockpit for you.
- Manufacturer: Extreme Simracing
- Binding: Video Game
- Item Weight: 121 pounds
- Dimensions: 24.41 x 42.91 x 23.23 inches
- Max Weight Capacity: 140 kg / 310 lb
- Super immersive
- Very comfortable
- High-quality material and accessories
- Constructed of powder-coated steel.
- There’s great assistance for accessories.
- Professional-grade simulation controls are supported.
- Limited Stock
- Difficult to move around
7. DOF Reality Motion Simulator H3 Racing Cockpit Platform
For those who want a motion cockpit but can’t afford the high prices associated with professional models, the DOF Reality Motion Simulator is a more affordable option.
DOF Reality Motion Simulator Platform is also a great option as a flight simulator cockpit. It doesn’t have full motion, but it can handle 3-dimensional movements such as pitch, roll, and yaw.
When you take those tight corners, you can sometimes feel like you’re drifting. You can not only move the seat but also all the cockpit accessories like steering wheel, joystick, pedals, throttles, etc.
One of the best advantages of this motion simulator is that it is compatible with the best VR headset for sim racing. This best motion simulator cockpit is very quiet and compact, so there’s no need to set up a dedicated gaming room or garage for it.
Compatible with both PCs and consoles. There are over 100 games in the Flight and Racing category, all of them are totally compatible with any VR headset.
The only budget-friendly motion simulator for homes that is both affordable and effective. The max pilot weight capacity of this DOF Reality motion simulator is 300 lbs/136Kg.
With all hardware and tools given by the manufacturer, assembly is as simple as IKEA furniture. Finally, The DOF Reality’s durability is excellent for its price, and its maintenance requirements are minimal.
I think, from this cool list, you got the best VR racing simulator cockpit for home to improve your gaming experience. Soon, I will try to write a dedicated post on the best VR motion racing simulators. So stay with techhunterds.com.